Of course, if things went correctly all of the time, there would be nothing at all to write about, true? What happened to the monitor was this; I attempted to install the driver to the Viewsonic monitor, but each time I tried to do so, the wizard told me that the driver was incorrect for the monitor installed on the system. So I did what everyone does, and went to the Viewsonic website and sought out the newest driver and installed that - problem solved, right? WRONG!
The driver would not even install when I did it manually through Device Manager. In addition, the software that came with the monitor that allowed it to swivel the picture from Landscape mode to Portrait mode, adjusted the screen, and held the preferences for the monitor was not working either. Since I thought one might have something to do with the other, I contacted the software company to tell them the software was not working properly. Instead of getting a helpful email back telling me that I needed to do several steps, and everything would be OK, I got an email stating that according to the tests that they ran (the software had a "Tech Support" button, and it collected all monitor data on the machine for them) the Viewsonic was not even hooked up, and the monitor that was hooked up was a Princeton Graphics monitor. Strange, I have never owned a Princeton Graphics monitor in my life.
I decided it was time to contact my dealer again, and forward to him the email I received from the software technical support company. I am still awaiting his reply, but I wonder what will happen now.
Click here to find out what is next in this saga?
No comments:
Post a Comment