Thursday, December 7, 2006

Monitor News

I received a call from my Viewsonic monitor dealer today; he returned my email and told me that he would check out several monitors to try to ascertain exactly what was happening that was causing me this much of a problem.

So far, here is what is happening; the dealer is promising me yet another monitor, as soon as he has confirmed that the newest monitor to be tested does actually pass all of the tests. I must admit that this guy is a really trustworthy, dependable person; I am certainly glad that I did decide to choose this company to purchase my LCD monitor. I would love to reveal his company's name, but until I have his permission to do so, he will receive no free publicity :)

The dealer gave me a new cable for my trouble of driving down to the store; the cable is a dual-link cable that is supposed to be a much better cable than the one that Viewsonic sends with each of their monitors. I have a suspicion that the dual-layer cable might be causing part of the problem, but I am not sure. When I go back to get another monitor, I will take the dual-layer cable with me to ensure that the cable is not causing the problem. I will keep you informed as things progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

William,

If there is one thing that I can say for your dealer, is that he seems to be a good sport about your problems. Didn't you say in your first post that you bought it at a computer show? if there is one thing I can say about computer shows (at least the ones that I have attended) you are pretty much on your own from the time you leave the vendor's booth! The fact that this dealer has an office and is willing to work to resolve you problem is remarkable!

Good luck!

Jim